Calling all Actors! Let’s put on a show…virtually!!
We will learn & perform, “Princess Mimi Saves the Day”.
In this story, a young princess seeks a knight to rescue her dog Mimi, who is captured by a fierce, sneezing dragon named Atchoo!
Join Ms. Keri for this AWESOME Theatre Group Class.
- Classes will be taught virtually via Zoom (an online platform that works on your computer or mobile device…the only thing you need on your end is a camera!).
- Readers Theatre is an interpretive activity in which readers use their voices to bring characters to life. It requires no sets, costumes, props, or memorized lines. The performer’s goal is to read a script aloud effectively, enabling the audience to visualize the actions. It helps to:
- Increase Comprehension
- Integrate reading, writing, speaking, listening in an authentic context
- Increase reading motivation
- Create confidence and improve the self-image of students
- The Class will be divided into four sections:
- Reader’s Theatre Rocks! (An Introduction)
- Who am I? (Creating a Character with Your Voice)
- Let’s Play! (Rehearsal Time)
- It’s Showtime! (Final Performance Day)