Broadway Bootcamp: Kid’s Company- Fractured Fairy Tales
This camp will be taught in-person at our studio in Chesterton. Please see the sidebar to the right to see how we plan to keep students safe!
This musical theatre camp encourages our elementary-aged actors to discover their artistic voice through creative play right here in Chesterton! Over the course of 4 half- days and 1 full-day, your actor, under the guidance of Theatre Professionals, will learn songs, original choreography, and construct costumes based on this musical adaptation version of the classic tale. The week culminates in the finale performance on Friday. This summer camp offers an all-encompassing look at what goes into staging a Musical Theatre production in an experienced, safe and nurturing atmosphere.
Fractured Fairy Tales are good solid fun! Taking a familiar story and twisting it around, turning it upside down even, can truly serve to stretch an actor’s imagination. For our show, 2-3 classic tales will be retold as madcap mini-musicals! Tales will be selected based on enrollment. Potential stories include, “Rafunzel,” “Little Late Riding Hood,” “Slurping Beauty,” and “Goldilocks and the Three Bullfrogs.”
Summer Camp Package Includes:
- 4 half-days + 1 full day of instruction in singing and movement taught by trained and experienced Theatre Professionals (20+ hours of training!)
- Workshops in storytelling, costume design, and scene painting
- All Show Fees (i.e. Licensing, Sets, Venue, etc.)
- Script & Rehearsal Music
- Art projects & supplies
Rising 1st-5th Graders
Younger Students by Instructor Permission Only
July 20-23 – 9AM-12PM
July 24 – 9AM-7:30PM
Tuition: $190 (2 Payments of $95)
Registration Fee: $10
How We're Keeping Students Safe
- Following all guidelines put forth by the CDC and IDH.
- Enhanced cleaning measures at the studio.
- Outdoor learning when possible.
- Drop-off & Pick-up procedures have changed to promote social distancing.
- Students who are sick or have a fever will be asked to stay home from camp that day.
- Social distancing will be enhanced (as much as possible) during rehearsals. No unnecessary contact.